Having the diet you want, especially a healthy diet is very difficult when you are in poverty like me.

If money wasn't an object to me I could see me being a gluten free, soy/soya free, mustard free, high protein semi-paleo possibly flexitarian dieter who likes the occasional Indian, Chinese and Mediterranean meal. I would have a low pork and beef diet too, as I don't really like them that much. I like lamb, chicken, duck and seafood, especially crab and prawns.

Here is a quick look at what I eat day to day now, compared to what I want my diet to look like if money was no object...

Breakfast - usually nothing or scrambled egg bagel (I eat breakfast less than once a week on average).

Lunch - mostly nothing (I eat lunch approximately two or three times a week) it is usually a ham or cheese sandwich, or tomato or vegetable soup with two slices of bread, sometimes I will eat leftover pasta or pizza from the day before or just grab biscuits or hot crossed buns.

Dinner - could be anything from a salad sandwich, to Bolognese, sausage chips and beans, pork and vegetables maybe once a week, or chicken with beans or rice.  Usually I will have 3 or 4 chicken wings with beans and chips, that's a usual dinner because sausages make me feel sick, but it used to be sausages or spam all the time until I couldn't stomach it anymore - I never liked pork much.

Snack - crisps - apple - banana - red grapes - biscuits - yoghurt peanuts, yoghurt, or celery sticks - tend to have three to four snacks a day and just dinner as a usual day.

So now here is the diet I would have if I could.  The diet I used to have before I moved in with Paul anyway.

Breakfast is likely to be - Mixed vegetable scrambled eggs (which became vegetable frittata when I moved in with Paul in our early days) - scrambled egg bagel - porridge (oatmeal) with cinnamon or fruit - muesli with almond milk - banana - smoothies - kippers with tomatoes and bread or gluten free crackers - I don't like too many fruits or sugary foods at breakfast, it gives me a headache and makes me feel sick most of the day - breakfasts tend to be heavy foods, light breakfasts make me feel like I am starving all day!

Lunch - best with fish or chicken salads - gluten free pasta salads - banana - stir fry vegetables with chicken or fish - fajitas - tacos - soup - fruit salads lots of berries - croissant with jam on rare occasions - stew - I prefer fish or chicken salads or wraps personally.

Dinner - I like stir fry vegetables or roast vegetables with any meat or fish - I love lamb salads, sauerkrauts, pickles, eggs, pasta, rice, spicy foods - personally I like a third of my dinner being meat or fish of some kind. I tend to need spicy food at least once or twice a week, as it helps my immune system and I love spicy food!

Snacks - I love nuts of all kinds either plain roasted, salted or honeyed or with vanilla - I like black pepper crackers with chutneys - celery and carrot sticks - grapes, berries - watermelon - cantaloupe melon, in fact most fruits - I used to be a fruitarian.  Peanut butter, crackers, nutella, dark chocolate, yoghurt, cheese, chicken legs, popcorn, I do have a weakness for crisps so watch out - also dorito and maize snacks.  So I am not entirely healthy in my choices!  I like seaweed crackers etc - sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, especially if they are vanilla flavour! Any cold grab and go meat or fish, like prawns tempura or scotch eggs and oat cakes or snacks like flapjacks etc.

So there you go - me in a dietary nutshell!  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog